Today is Douglas' birthday, his 30th birthday. WOW! What a privilege it is to be with someone as they embark on a new decade! I like to make the most of Doug's birthday, especially his 30th birthday. You know, be extra nice and accommodating. The 30th birthday being of the extra special variety, I have also tried to utilize it's approach as though it is my 30th birthday. It may have been true that I wept on my 29th birthday and insisted on wearing black as I spent the day on my black couch with a black blanket watching Six Feet Under. I wanted a little extra insight into what 3-0 in 1-0 might do to my psyche. I do not meet this pseudo birthday with the expectation of extra niceness and accommodations or presents or the typical six week celebratory period (two weeks before, two weeks after and the entire birthday month is not too much time to celebrate one's birth). I approach it with the mindset that I am replacing the 2 at the beginning of my name for a 3. Whoa. Big stuff. My preliminary conclusion about entering the 30s is that it is great! I think I'm going to like being 30. I welcome it. It seems sort of exciting. And, as my lovely mom has always said, "It is better than the alternative."
Happy Birthday, Douglas James. You are the love of my life! Thank you for the gift of being your wife on your 30th birthday!
XOXO
Oh honey!!! YOU are the best! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteGuys it only gets better...I am so glad that you were able to spend this big event in a string of many with us in Texas...
ReplyDelete