Sunday, September 20, 2009

Juvie fans in the HOUSE?!?!?!

Doug and I are honored to have participated in a spectacular wedding reception last evening.  I use participated because that is exactly what we did, we PARTICIPATED; we interacted, enjoyed.  It was so much fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones while sipping down icy beverages and dancing like no other to randomly peek at your cell phone clock and discover it is 1:30 AM.  (I am usually in bed by 10.)  F. U. N.  One specific highlight was the playing of the Juvenile hit "Back That Azz Up."  I know, typical and expected tune for the late-in-the-evening portion of the wedding reception playlist.  However, my husband, my wonderful, reserved husband bouncing gangsta style as he raps every single lyric in perfect time, NOT so typical.  It was without a doubt the best part of the entire night.  So this morning as I was getting ready I had to re-live a bit.  "Back that ass up, back that ass up" I sang enthusiastically when Doug politely stopped me and said, "It's actually 'azz, back that azz up.'"  Umm, WHAT!?!?!?  I am completely SHOCKED by the fact that Doug knows such an intricate detail about rap music.  And just when I thought it couldn't be any better, my "good music" loving husband's closet fascination with rap-tastic tunes of our college years, he just, seriously, just, like from the opposite end of the couch during a time-out in the Cowboys/Giants game informed me of the name of the album and the exact year that this song was released.  1999 and 400 Degreez, for those of you that were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment