Friday, December 31, 2010

Recipe Round Up and Out!

This post concludes my adventure in recipe trying for 2010.  I had some definite successes!  It was fun to become more acquainted with my kitchen and try new foods.  I look forward to more new yummies in 2011!

Gingersnaps (#27)
These cookies are the most delicious cookies I have ever made.  The recipe came from a Minneapolis grocery store that Doug and his co-workers visited on a field trip to the Twin Cities.  I will not post the recipe though.  I am holding it hostage as "my secret" for what I hope to become one of my specialties.  

White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Dreams (#28)

These treats are dreamy, indeed!  LOVE them!  Delightfully vanilla and perfect when the rare but ugly chocolate lurks.

Successful, but not show-stopping.  I will use extra chocolate on top if I make these again.  

I made this breakfast dish for my in-laws during our Christmas visit.  It was AMAZING!  I followed the suggestion to add 3/4 c milk and use 10 eggs.  One thing I love about recipes like this is that you could add nearly anything to it and it would still be a huge success.  Mmm!  I hope to make this a Christmas tradition!

Sweet and Salty Walnuts (#31)
This snack recipe came from another magazine Doug brought home to me from his Minneapolis Grocery Store Tour 2010.  It used oil, sugar, salt, and cayenne to coat the walnuts before roasting them in the oven.  The fragrance while these were in the oven was heavenly.  They tasted good too! 

Roasted Artichoke Dip (#32)
Again, a product of Minneapolis Grocery Store Tour 2010.  Made pretty similarly to hummus, but with artichokes instead.  Tasty!

Hearty, easy, and lucky for the New Year with black eyed peas.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment