Financial Peace University:
We drank the Kool Aid. We're addicted.
Yoga Teacher Training:
Checked off my bucket list. I have every intention of putting that certificate to good use one day.
KOSAMA:
10 week series of grueling, sweat soaked exertion that has made for fantastic bonding with one of my favorite teacher peeps. I'm committed for a year.
Droids:
I fought the move to a mini computer in my hand. Now that I've crossed over I'm afraid that I will never again be able to go without immediate access to my friend's Facebook status updates.
Screen Doors:
We updated the look of our cozy little cottage with the installation of new exterior storm doors. WAY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN I ANTICIPATED. Wow! Doug likes to sit in the living room with the interior door open staring at his work. He doesn't care how cold it is outside and it's okay. Why? Because this little home improvement project was WORTH IT!
Marsha's Job:
Annie Jr., two girls in OPUS, a trip to the PLC workshop in St. Louis. It's been a great year!
Doug's Job:
Record sales for the Ankeny Hy-Vee, Executive Interview with rave reviews, patiently waiting for the big move...
Lucy Mae:
FABULOUS. Still the cutest, smartest, best puppy daughter in the universe. We remind her every day that she is Mommy and Daddy's first born. She's getting better at sharing our laps with others.
Licensed Foster Parents:
WOW! God saw this in our plan and worked His magic to get us involved. What a ride it's been! Information meeting in December 2009, began licensing classes and home study in February, licensing requirements completed in April, license received in May, first placement in July, second in August, and our current friends arrived in November. It has been an experience comparable to none.
Grandma Margie goes to Heaven:
The only grandma I ever knew. The most amazing grandma anyone could ever have. One of the hardest days of my life. One of the most special days of my life. I was beside her when she went. I'll never forget our last conversation...
So there it is, 2010: A Year to Remember. We saw the beauty in new life. We saw the beauty in passing. What will 2011 bring?!?!
2011 has been quite a year for you, Marsha, and as you open a new chapter on your journey, I hope you keep posting new things here on your blog!
ReplyDelete