Since my last post I have:
- Resigned from my position as Church Secretary Extraordinaire (1), renewed my teaching license (2), re-enlisted myself on the Substitute Teacher List (3), restyled myself with a quick visit to The Loft (4), and re-entered the classroom,
- Traveled to Iowa City for a "second opinion" with the baby doctors (5) and welcomed Incredible Little Individual #8 into Casa de Mezger, (6)
- Celebrated the lives of the incredible Marian "Gram" Mason and "Aunt" Nancy Ohl, (7)
- and hand-delivered ILI#8 back to his mom for another successful reunification. (8)
I've also:
- Been to the pool 3 times, (9)
- Read 2 books, (10)
- Spent quality time with quality friends, (11)
- Had 1 emotional, "Where is my life headed!?!" meltdown, (12)
- and discovered a new favorite place in the Old Market of Omaha. (13)
In reflection, the last 10 weeks and 3 days has been quite the ride.
Highs.
Lows.
In-betweens.
Life: Finding joy in the ebbs and flows.
You didn't honestly think I was going to title this post as I did and not include this did you!?
xo
(1) Because really, you cannot you should not - be something you are not.
(2) $88 well spent!
(3) Thanks to the building secretaries for keeping me busy. It's really true...they really are in charge of their buildings.
(4) What can I say?? The Loft really does love teachers! Also, more than $88 well spent! Thanks, Honey!
(5) A very reassuring trip! Yay!
(6) 2 years old and the life of the party. Pure perfection. But who am I kidding...they've all been perfect.
(7) Such incredible women!
(8) I LOVE it when they arrive. I feel so SAD when they go! But I hope we were a blessing to 8 and his family...just like 8 was a blessing to us!
(9) Fully sunscreen-ed!
(11) Ahhhh! LOVE. MY. FRIENDS!
(12) Self explanatory.
(13) SO. GOOD.
Paying tribute to Jen Lancaster with the footnotes I see... Good work indeed!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of good things happening for you. It doesn't matter where you are in life or what you are doing, as you know, there will always be ups and downs, highs and lows. You may get to a certain point, but there will be new highs and new lows. Keep going, girlfriend...I'm sure you are in for a fantastic summer!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Missy