Monday, September 19, 2011

Fine Dining

There aren't so many restaurants in Denison.  Rather, we have Church Dinners; rolled silverware, real plates and glassware, placemats with the local funeral home's logo across the top, Church Dinners.  Doug and I were gifted tickets, a value of $9.50 per person, to the St. Rose of Lima Catholic Fundraising Dinner featuring "roasted pork loin and all the trimmings."  I've never seen so many pies and pitchers full of instant iced tea.  We arrived at the Parish Hall at about 4:45 yesterday afternoon, just beating the evening rush.  By the time we left I could barely move.  The Methodist Church's fundraising feast is October 5th, followed by the Lutheran edition the next weekend.  The competition is on.  Long live the Church Ladies and their mile high meringue!  Long live elastic waistbands.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for a yummy slice of pie baked by a church lady! Have you considered baking a few pies for any upcoming church dinners?

    ReplyDelete