Saturday, March 3, 2012

The eleventh day of Lent

The eleventh day of Lent is a Saturday.

LIGHT BULB: The eleventh day of Lent is always a Saturday.

That realization is going to help balance the fact that I asked my mom if Thanksgiving was on a Saturday last year.  And I was serious.  I'm glad I can laugh at myself.  Nonetheless, the look on my mom's face was PRICELESS!  I might do it again this year just to enjoy the reaction.

I love Saturdays!  I like getting up and asking myself, "What will I do today?"  It's fun!  Sometimes I decide that I will spend the entire day cleaning or cooking or talking on the phone or wrapped in a blanket on the couch reconnecting with my best Bravo friends.  Showering is, of course, optional.

Today I decided to exercise.  Doug accidentally rang the doorbell as he was leaving for work this morning at 6:15 a.m.  Accidentally.  Riiiiiiiiiiight.  Regardless, the girls and I were up and there was no hope of returning to the slumber from which we were torn.  I didn't really want to go to the gym, but I knew I needed it because the stress of the last week has left me feeling extra flabby and flat out yucky.  Nothing counteracts the excess cortisol that has pooled itself in various regions of your body in the form of rolls like some exercise.  So after a quick check of Pinterest and Facebook and a quick jaunt around the block with Lucy and Margie, I left my house just before 8 am to head to the gym.

And after leaving the gym, I headed directly to the McDonald's drive thru across the street and enjoyed a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel.

Because that helps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment