Here's an email I shared with some friends and family this morning concerning the potential placement of three boys, with fabulous names, that I had already fallen a little bit in love with, in our home...
I finally heard from the worker at 8:53 this morning. Thankfully Doug and I talked about whether we felt like this placement was still a good fit for us this morning. When she asked if we were still interested in the placement I told her, "I actually think we have changed our minds. We were told that the boys needed to be in a new home by yesterday. We have been ready for a week and have heard nothing from you. This makes us concerned and uncomfortable with the level of communication and support that we may have from you in regards to this placement. We have jobs and careers and lives and we feel taken advantage of by being left in limbo like this." She became defensive and told us that she didn't call us because she had other emergencies come up. I replied, "Believe me, I understand how emergencies come up. But in talking with my husband we don't feel like it would have taken much to communicate that it was going to be a bit before they were in our home. I'm sure this leaves you in a pickle but that's where we stand."
So now, as Doug put it, "Another worker hates us." But oh well. You can't treat people like that. Our decision has nothing to do with the boys, but with the worker. I'm brokenhearted by this as I want nothing more than to have children in our home...especially kids that need a home.
True story. I said every bit of that. And was a little bit shocked by my boldness. And Doug was very shocked by my boldness. And so was Stephanie the BOMB. And Becky and Jenn and Lisa and Sara and Ann were maybe a little less shocked by my boldness :-) as they sent e-hugs and words of encouragement to stay strong and true.
In my 31st year, 365th day, 8th hour, and 53rd minute I took in a deep breath and acknowledged that we are just fine, I am just fine, and exhaled myself a little closer into peace and contentment.
I'm glad it's a leap year.
32 is going to be fabulous.
32 is going to be fabulous.
Good for you. It sounds like you did the right thing, even though it was hard. 32 IS going to be a good year. :-)
ReplyDelete