Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The seventh day of Lent

It's raining here today. The rain is pouring from the clouds in a way that I wish this icky feeling would expel itself from within me.

I am in my icky place.

Here's a moment of truth: I do not like to blog in my icky place. Remember those long, post-less chunks on here? Icky place. When blogging from my icky place I feel like I'm pouring my negativity on others. Who wants to surround themselves with that?  But it is what it is and I am who I am and because I am committed to being truthful and real I will tell you what's bothering me...

It has been five days since we agreed to take three boys that need a safe place to stay into our home.  Perhaps you remember?  It was the second day of Lent.

The process for taking a placement is that you are called by Matcher and told about a placement that (might sort of) match what you said you were willing to take.  After agreeing to a placement you are called by Worker to get more details and establish a time for "transition" or "drop off."  Matcher told us that the boys were to be out of where ever they are (or were) by today, February 28th.

But we've heard nothing from Worker.  This is frustrating.  A great deal of time, energy, and emotion goes into preparing for the arrival of three small children, emphasis on emotion.  And we've heard nothing.

Icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment