It's the fifth day of Lent. And also the Sunday preceding my birthday.
5th day of Lent + the Sunday preceding my birthday = SPECIAL DAY!
Doug and I went "home" this weekend. It is always exciting for us to cross the state line back into Missouri. We call it "God's country." It's funny how we actually relax a little more after crossing that invisible line. There really is no place like home.
We had a GREAT trip back to my parent's house and a GREAT time while we were there. I got to see both of my siblings and their spouses and (almost) all of my incredible nieces and nephews and I watched two of my nephews play basketball and played cards with my parents and tasted my sister's incredible cupcakes and played with my one year old niece and played a game with my 8 year old nephew and enjoyed some wine and laughed and hugged my parents and took a nap!!! It was FABULOUS!
There is nothing like family.
Tonight I'm anxious about our little branch of the family tree. The crazy thing about foster parenting is that I find myself getting attached to these children I've never seen or met. I assume it's similar to expecting a biological child in that sense. We know their gender: all boys. We learned their names: I can't tell you on here but they are FABULOUS. We did not ask their race: It doesn't matter to us and we want to be surprised. So it's kind of like we're pregnant.
Foster pregnant.
Bryan, in black. Wyatt, ready to rebound in white. Alli, perfect teeth.



No comments:
Post a Comment