Falafel with Avocado Spread
I discovered falafel a few years ago and immediately knew it was a gift from Above. Falafel is kind .of like a pinto bean burger, spiced up and fried. Mmm. The avocado spread used in this recipe is FANTASTIC and without a doubt the highlight of the ensemble. The healthy take on falafel was okay. I thought it was a tad dry. When I make this again I will likely use more oil for the pan frying
Collard Greens and Black-Eyed Peas
My favorite thing about this dish is that it's like a warm little salad. My acupuncturist is always telling me I need to eat more dark green, leafy vegetables. After the success with Swiss Chard earlier in my recipe making journey I thought I'd give collard greens a try. The nutrient packed collard greens and protein rich black-eyed peas make it hard to doubt the healthy benefits of the dish.
1 large bunch collard greens
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
Dash of apple cider vinegar
Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
Remove dry ends from collard green stems and chop leaves into bite-size pieces.
In large Dutch oven over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until soft. Add collard greens and stir until they turn bright green and wilt. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to keep greens from burning.
Add black-eyed peas and vinegar and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
SERVES 6
from CLEAN FOOD by Terry Walters
1 large bunch collard greens
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
Dash of apple cider vinegar
Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
Remove dry ends from collard green stems and chop leaves into bite-size pieces.
In large Dutch oven over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until soft. Add collard greens and stir until they turn bright green and wilt. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to keep greens from burning.
Add black-eyed peas and vinegar and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
SERVES 6
from CLEAN FOOD by Terry Walters
No comments:
Post a Comment