What's better on a fall evening than some hearty chili paired with warm cornbread?!? This vegetarian version of chili is uber healthy and delicious! It's also versatile enough that meat could be incorporated easily. The corn bread recipe, straight from the back of the Quaker [Yellow] Corn Meal container, creates the most amazing corn bread I have ever acquainted. Yum!
Three-Bean Chili (#17)
courtesy of Cooking Light and myrecipes.com.
Easy Corn Bread (#18)
1-1/4 C. all purpose flour
3/4 C. QUAKER or AUNT JEMIMA Enriched Corn Meal
1/4 C. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt (optional...but I did it!)
1 C. skim milk
1/4 C. vegetable oil
2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten (I used 1 egg)
Heat oven to 400. Grease 8 or 9-inch pan. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm. Serves 9.
No comments:
Post a Comment