Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sabbatical

Well, that was a refreshing break!  If my count is correct I have made and shared 11 new recipes on the blog in 2010.  My goal is 52.  With just under 12 weeks remaining in this splendid year I am not giving up on my goal to complete and share 52 new recipes this year.  I think I can!  I think I can!  And just to prove I'm not taking myself out of the game, here are a few I've given a whirl since my last post.  Enjoy!

Banana and Kiwi Smoothie (#12)
In the spring I became acquainted with the versatility and splendor of smoothie making.  I love it when there are lots and lots of ways to do things deliciously.  Smoothies definitely fit the bill!  This is a recipe I found on Fitness Magazine's website.  I used this recipe as a mold for much experimentation and enjoyment.  I'm certain you'll find the same.

Girl's Getaway Guacamole (#13)
My friend shared this super easy approach to guacamole with me during one of our coveted getaways in May.  Mmmm!  Mmmm!  Mmmm!

2 avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 can Rotel style tomatoes, drained
Garlic Powder
Salt

Mash avocados.  Add Rotel, garlic powder and salt to taste.  Let sit in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.

Sangria (#14)
I made this to serve at a Book Club gathering I hosted in July.  It was rated "Outstanding."  I'd rate it "Just Okay."  But I may have messed something up and would definitely give it another go.

Sangria Blanco (#15)
Alright, so this might be stretching it a bit but this is the same link as the Sangria recipe.  The variances for the Blanco version are listed at the bottom of the recipe for the traditional Sangria recipe.  I made it for the same event on the same evening but since the final product is a different color I think it warrants independent recognition.

Don't Mind If I Dough! (#16)
I used this recipe for homemade salt-dough play dough this summer while I worked as a nanny/chauffeur.  The youngest and pals LOVED it!  It was easy to make and fun for the kids to help make.  The BEST part was baking their creations and then decorating.  FUN and FABULOUS but not so edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment