Wednesday, October 6, 2010

on the lighter side...

After eating all but two pieces of the cornbread derived from the recipe in my previous post I decided I could use fewer carbs in tonight's meal.  I found this single serving recipe as part of an advertisement for Arnold's Sandwich Thins in my October Fitness magazine.  I've never tried Arnold's thins, but his Tuna Nicoise sandwich (#19) is great; it's super fast and incredibly easy and would be a superior choice for lunch!

Ingredients:
1 Arnold/Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins roll (I used a pita)
4 oz. canned tuna
1 T. light Dijon Vinaigrette
1 T. black olives
1/2 c. arugula loosely packed (I used baby lettuces but think the spiciness of the arugula would be scrumptious.)
1/2 c. tomato, sliced
1 T. hummus
1/2 hard boiled egg, sliced (optional-I was too impatient to wait on an egg to boil, cool, be peeled, and sliced.)
Salt and pepper to taste (optional-Again, too hungry to wait)

Directions:
Remove tuna from can and drain liquid completely.  Mix the Dijon Vinairette with tuna thoroughly.  Place the tuna on the bottom half of Sandwich Thins roll (or pita).  Add the sliced black olives, arugula, sliced tomatoes and hummus.  Per preference, add the sliced egg and salt and pepper to taste.  Finally, place the top half of the Sandwich Thins roll.
Recipe found in October 2010 Fitness Magazine, page 147.

In other news, I just cut an apple and it had 1 seed.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment