I am working on this. In fact, I got in some good practice with it this week! And as such, I have decided that the following responses are appropriate and deserve being practiced for ease of fluency when appropriate:
- "No thanks!!!"
- "I don't think that's for me right now."
- "I want to say 'yes' but I need to say 'no.'"
I've been utilizing my inner strength to use these sayings more frequently of late. And sometimes it's met with criticism.
It can be mislabeled as harsh, blunt, snotty, and exclusive...and worse!
OF COURSE there are things that MUST be done. That's all part of a healthy reality of life known as energy exchange. Is what you are (physically or spiritually or emotionally or financially) contributing being appropriately (intrinsically or extrinsically) compensated?
So what's the big deal with saying, "No?"
In yoga, acting from your truth is known as satya. Many impede their innate desire to live satya because of fear of hurting someone else's feelings. But I challenge that in that case, individuals are doing more harm to themselves AND grotesquely underestimating those around them. Speaking from truth does not have to be cutting or snarky or hostile or rude. Speaking from truth can be graceful, tactful, sensitive, and freeing. Moreover, the truth is the truth and in avoiding satya we truthfully hurt ourselves and risk hurting others.
And truthfully, I love you guys!!!
xo
"Truth is the beginning of every good thing, both on heaven and on earth; and he who would be blessed and happy should be from the first a partaker of truth, for then he can be trusted." -Plato
No comments:
Post a Comment